Saturday, July 24, 2010

Best Friends Forever

Instead of a Chuck-E-Cheese style birthday party, Lily opted (for the 2nd year in a row) to have a special day with her best friend Ellie (thank you, thank you, thank you!). We planned to go to the movies, but it was just too hot to want to leave the house this afternoon. We watched the DVD of Enchanted instead.

Car temperature at 7:08 pm. In the shade!

Went to the salon, where they opted for matching green nails and I went with Dulche de Leche. Lily helpfully observed "Every time you are here you get beige or red, beige or red, beige or red. You need to mix it up some." Mix it up some? That's what I get for letting a 6-year old get a manicure - I didn't get my first manicure until my wedding day!

Cheeseburger tacos at California Tortilla, and then on to Carvel. Lily's choice. I lobbied for Mi Rancho.

Absorbed.

Ellie's spending the night. These two have been best friends since they were 3 months old in daycare together, and are still going strong even after a year in different kindergartens. They still swear they are getting married to each other, although Ellie did get all giggly when we ran into a boy named Skylar at California Tortilla. She actually said "Don't worry, he doesn't even know my name." I'm now convinced their bond is unbreakable.

1 comment:

aunt lee said...

Happy Bday to my favorite Peanut! Sounds like a fun day.