Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No!! Not the Green Bowl!!!

For probably the last 50 years my father has had an apple and yogurt for lunch every single day. For probably the last 45 of them - certainly for all of my memory - he has used done so using the Green Bowl. It's faded from dark olive to light, has lost its shine, and has been superglued at least once. Well, today my mom reports that it fell on the tile and broke.

Grieving.

My mom assessed "You would have thought he lost a treasure." But Lee and I are upset too. I've asked her to save me the bowl. And I'm going searching for a replacement on eBay once I can figure out what to search for. "Green bowl" returns more than 13,000 hits. "Green plastic bowl" returns only 84 hits, including this one:

Close but not close enough - too minty and the divider is a problem. Don't worry Dad, we're on it.

No comments: