Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gummi

Actual conversation on the way to school today:

Lily: "Mommy, when I grow up can we work in a gummi factory?"
Mommy: "Uuuuh, sure."
Lily: "You would have to work there too."
Mommy: "Okay."
Lily: "And we would have to go to gummi school."
Mommy: "What would we learn there?"
Lily: "How to make gummis!"
Mommy: "Who would teach us?"
Lily: "People who already know how to make gummis, silly."
Mommy: "What do you think they make gummis with?"
Lily: "I don't know. But we would make healthy gummis with fruits and vegetables."
Mommy: "Good idea."
Lily: "But not with cement or bugs."
Mommy: "Certainly not."
Lily: "We should make crunchy gummis."
Mommy: "That would be different."
Lily: "Okay, enough about gummis. When is it my birthday?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe this little girl........... she is soooooooo funny!!!!

Anonymous said...

BY THE WAY Deb.....that first comment was left by me...LINDA

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

I'm sorry. I found eighteen typos in my comment of twenty words. Sheesh!

As I was saying...I can't understand the Gummi appeal, but Alejandro ate an entire bowl for dinner not too long ago. And, if gummi factory gig doesn't work out for you guys, you should be mother-daughter playwrights. Lily has such a refreshing angle on things.

And I also wondered why playwright is spelled like that...